Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 23 September 2013

Warm.

This is our potato crop. From an 8ft row of 2 bags (given) of seed potatoes. There was one more large one but it had been hollowed out by a happy band of slugs. I wasn't expecting much after the slugs kept chomping on the leaves but this is rather paltry. I don't think I shall bother again.
The day started out overcast and humid but when I came out of Tesco;s after doing stuff I haven't mentioned yet, this is what I saw. Well not this view because I took these photos on the way home but the almost cloudless blue skies.
Getting back to reporting in a chronological order my morning was spent first digging and looking for non-existent potatoes and then weeding the rest of the veg/ propagation bed. I had my last hydrotherapy session today and perversely this morning was the first time I could lie on either hip without any pain. But after my gardening the right hip at least was sore once more. I reported all of this to the physiotherapist  who agreed to refer me back to the consultant who gave me the injections that worked and decreased the pain by 50%. I may have to wait some time but at least he seems able to hit the spot unlike my GP and the trainee doctor. I also came home with a sheet of exercises to help strengthen my spine. It has been lovely going to the hot pool though it's not my flexibility or strength that's a problem but sitting or lying down. That's why I'm chasing every avenue now because one day I will have to slow down and do more sitting and lying down and I would rather not be in pain.
I also waved my poorly thumb at the physios. The base is swollen and became impressively red in the warm pool. The consensus was that I had probably had a slight dislocation and that my first aid was spot on. 
After the hospital I went over to the studio where Gemma gave me the photo she took the other day, printed and mounted in a nice wooden frame. We had a coffee and a good chat and then I went and did some shopping in Tescos. I bought another sleeveless t-shirt top for work. Because I bought a size larger so that it is nice and loose I will have to alter the arm holes which I have done on several other tops. Seeing the lovely sunshine I raced home but by the time I threw the washing in the machine and washed my hair there was only the tiniest patch of sun left in the garden. Just enough for me to sit out and let my hair dry naturally.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Ah too bad about you potato crop. But I bet the ones that did make it were good!!