Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Grey.

There was a steady drizzle all morning long with the sky a single shade of grey. Just did the usual pottering around the house before going in to work. My morning jobs included disposing of yet another headless duck that one of the cats had dragged into the conservatory.  Driving up the hill to work at lunchtime I was straight into the clouds at the top of the hill. As I got to school the heavens opened and the playground became one continuous puddle. The rain did ease off in the afternoon but I let my class carry on working, those that hadn't finished their task and then we went straight into story time whoops, mustn't use old fashioned terminology, no the children had a 'literary appreciation' session in other words story time.
The rain eventually stopped and while the wind is still blowing it feels a lot warmer.
Talking of wind, the gig club went to a regatta at Newquay last week-end and this happened. Not to our gig luckily but unnerving anyway. Especially as the life jackets generally remain in the bottom of the gig. (Peter only goes to the local regattas because of the cost; b&b, petrol, food and drink.) While I was looking for this clip I came across this on YouTube which captures the atmosphere at the last World Gig Championships on the Isles of Scilly that we went to in May.
And while I'm sharing YouTube videos I came across this lovely song when listening to Radio Cymru the other night. I don't speak a word of Welsh but listening to it in my headphones helps drown out the sound of a certain person snoring while I try and read. It's all welsh language music in a myriad of styles, welsh ska was very odd. I had to listen to the radio programme several times on i-player until I picked out the name Gentle Good and then searched through his songs on YouTube until I found it. 

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Ruta, Thank you for linking me to the gig club. Loved watching the boats...gigs...and the gentlemen at the end looked like he was remembering when. The Welsh song....beautiful I'm sorry I don't understand one word but the music is lovely. My husband's Aunt Annie was Welsh. I never heard her speak one word in Welsh; however, any conversation with her was at warp speed. A lovely lady.

Ruta M. said...

The welsh words to the song are down in the comments. I ran them through a translator and it seems to be about life and illusions. We might have to learn welsh if we move to Wales. I only know a few words so far but my favourite is popty ping - microwave oven.