Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 9 September 2013

Sunny.

I don't think I can bear having such a shady garden any longer. The summer spoiled me with so much wonderful sun. Today by 5.45 the shadows had crept over most of the garden and by 6.00 we had lost the sun completely.
I wouldn't like to live in constant sunshine but it is galling when the rest of the valley is bathed in golden sunlight and we are ..... in the shade.
These are the culprits. I reckon these trees have doubled in size since we moved here but their days are numbered. Sometime in the winter we'll get them down though that is easier said than done. The 2 biggest ones would destroy the conservatory and probably the roof too if they fell this way and unfortunately there is a high netting fence a little way into the field on the other side so we can't drop them down there. Peter has done quite a bit of tree work so I'll leave it to him to organise though I might carry on taking off the lower branches with my bow-saw.
This morning I fixed the mirror's 2 side pieces of wood to the wall and have made a template for the top pieces which may hopefully get cut out tomorrow. I had an excellent session in the hydrotherapy pool. I spent 45 minutes doing lots of exercises and I think my hips are improving. Afterwards I went into town and got lots of reduced fruit at Tescos; nectarines, apricots and blueberries. I also got a tub of olives for Peter and a wide brimmed hiking hat that I'd had my eye on for a while. It is a lightweight one that can be folded up, was reduced from £8 to £2 and being a man's hat came in different sizes so it fits comfortably.

No comments: