Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 27 September 2013

Hot.

The sun made a fairly early appearance this morning. Naturally I abandoned my indoor jobs and spent the rest of the day working outside. 
Once again the butterflies were out making the most of every patch of sun. I was able to get several major autumn jobs done, first cutting down and clearing the clumps of giant crocosmia that flank the driveway and then doing the same with the stand of 7ft tall purple loosestrife. I had planned to move some buddlia bushes that I had grown from cuttings but the grass cutting took priority. I left that until the end of the afternoon to take advantage of the sun and the breeze but it was all still pretty wet and I had to keep clearing the mower. But it has made the garden look a lot tidier and who knows if I'll get another chance to cut the grass this year. 
The breeze was enough to get one load of washing dry and I got that ironed and put away this evening. It is so nice to be walking around a warm house once more. 
In between each job I took a tea break outside and read my book. During one of these breaks the postman drove up and delivered some letters. One was a scam letter which made me smile. Not for one moment do I believe I had an unknown relative, suddenly deceased, who has deposited 14 million $US in a bank in China but it was fun to daydream about how I would spend the 50% some kind person would make available to me. I'll be giving the fraud office a ring in the morning. 
There was just time at the end of the day to catch the last of the sun. As I shifted into the last tiny patch of sunlight the butterflies had the same idea and kept sitting on me to soak up the sun's warmth.
It's dark now and raining once more so I am really glad I was able to enjoy a whole day in the sun.

No comments: