Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 September 2013

Mostly Wet.

It's been raining for a lot of the day. I started my morning by pushing all the cooked blackcurrants through a strainer. I managed to do all that, and wash everything up without making any mess which is unusual for me. Then I gave myself a break and went outside armed with my secateurs and a bow-saw. I cut back all the tree growth on the far side of the stream, this was another job that didn't get done last year. Now we have a clear view into the field beyond.
Them it was back to the kitchen to boil up the jam. I made the mistake of thinking I could do it all in one go. I hadn't made allowances for the jam boiling up which it then did. Panic, panic as i decanted some of the hot jam into another saucepan and tried to mop up the jam which had flowed onto the counter and was also burning away merrily on the hot plate. It did eventually get sorted and I have plenty of blackcurrant jam. Off now to a music evening in aid of the Macmillan charity.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Ruta.....your blue glass in the window is lovely. The jam/jelly is even lovlier!!!! As the days get shorter and darker, you and Peter will enjoy a taste of sunshine.