Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Sunny.

There's nothing like a sunny day and the knowledge that I have to go to work in the afternoon to get me working at top efficiency. During the morning I cleaned, tidied, hoovered and did some work at the pc before leaving for an afternoon at school. I even got in some gardening out in the lovely sun.
                           
The early morning dew made the spiders' webs sparkle.
The sun brought out the butterflies this morning. I counted nearly 50 on this one bush alone.
At school I ended up taking one of the Year 1 classes for the afternoon. I had a group painting African animals but I was also keeping a close eye on 2 children with special needs who had the potential to wander off. Needless to say they were not in the group chosen to do outdoor learning (with no adult supervision). We had a calm afternoon which passed quickly and I was soon on my way home again. 
I then surpassed myself by mowing all the grass. By 6.00 there was still enough sun in the garden for me to sit out with a cup of tea. All is much quieter in the garden as in the space of a day the swallows have left to fly 6,000 miles to their winter homes in southern Africa.
Greedy Patch spent all day sleeping off his second supper of a whole rabbit (only a paw and a piece of fur left in the conservatory) but he had enough appetite to try and lick out the remains of a tub of cottage cheese.
I relented and took the tub off his face leaving him with cottage cheese all over his face.
One of Peter's work colleagues returned from France with some Port Salut and a bottle of grapefruit + wine drink. As the wine was specially for me I have had a glass even though I don't normally drink. It was quite strong but very nice. You can buy Port Salut in the supermarket but these smell delicious. Perhaps I'll get Peter to hint that Pont L'Eveque would be even nicer as you don't see that in the supermarket. When I was an au pair in France I was taught that it is a crime to put cheese in the fridge.

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a full day you had and got a lot accomplished.