Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Warm.

The wind last week blew just about every single red apple from the tree so I picked them up from the ground. Not many of them are full size and undamaged but I plan to cook the rest to a purée which I can freeze and then make up into apple leather a batch at a time. That way I'll have a tasty treat which is allowed on my diet.
It was a warm and hazy morning. I was running a bit behind schedule so I couldn't stop to try and capture the landscape which looked like a collage where each range of hills and trees made a silhouette in different shades of grey. 
The sun broke through during the afternoon and standing outside during afternoon play one of the children said to me "It's like Africa (the current topic), Miss." Coming home the clouds made the sky into a series of watercolours.
This evening I cleaned and sorted the apples. My largest saucepan is full of stewed apple and I'm trying a tray of rings drying in the warmer oven of the rayburn to see if they will be successful this year.

No comments: