Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 29 September 2013

Windy.

For a brief half hour  this morning it was hot. Then the sky grew overcast and the temperature dropped but it was still very pleasant for an autumn day.
The tops of the trees are beginning to look bare as they lose their leaves in the ever present wind. I got some work done in the garden, mainly partly cutting back the buddlias.  They'll get a proper trim in the spring otherwise they'll get right out of hand. Peter was out at the gig club, his first time as coach to the junior crew. He said once the girls stopped chattering they all did remarkably well. I spent the rest of the afternoon getting stuff ready for work tomorrow. 
By the evening I felt the need to stretch my legs so I took myself off for a walk up the hill. Despite the breeze it was warm enough in just shorts and t-shirt. 
It felt good to be striding along the road and I was able to take in both the detailed and far reaching sights that nature provides. Being Sunday evening there were very few cars to be heard across the hills. Just the song of solitary birds and the occasional yip of a puppy somewhere down the valley. I am so fortunate to be living in such beautiful surroundings.

No comments: