Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 20 September 2013

Dry.

Who needs to go to the gym when you have a saw and trees to cut down? The picture doesn't really show the amount of branches I cut down but it took me the whole day. I got a big branch cut and cleared away in the morning but it took nearly 4 hours just to cut through the other offending branch. It took so long partly because I am just a weak and feeble woman but it was also because I was standing at the top of a ladder, one foot up in the tree and my right arm wrapped around a branch leaving my left hand to cut the branch which was higher still. By the time I finally got it down, and unfortunately ripped another branch off my energy ran out and I'll cut it up another day. I guess I might have a few aches tomorrow and my thumb has gone dead.
We've got a builder coming tomorrow to tear down and rebuild the wonky chimney. Peter will be fetching down the Matbro tomorrow morning so I took my micra up the hill and parked it in a field gateway. It looked like a pleasant evening as I walked back down the hill. 


1 comment:

happyone said...

If we were neighbors I send Ken over with his chain saw to help you. : )