Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 22 September 2013

Humid.

After yesterday's rest I was ready to go out and tackle the rest of the branches while Peter went off to row and do his safety officer stuff at the gig club. Towards the end I was pulling a big branch when suddenly it broke free trapping my thumb as it twisted over. In that split second I thought "**** , my thumb is being broken or dislocated!" But when I pulled it free I was most relieved to see that I could still bend it. Fearing that I may done some damage to the tendons I went inside to administer first aid. (My boys always knew that in the case of burns, bangs or even blood the first thing that happened was the damaged area would be put under a cold tap. ) I gave myself a full 10 mins under the icy tap and then applied anti-inflammatory gel liberally. Luckily it hasn't swollen up but is a bit sore if I apply pressure against the thumb, well that's my career as a concert pianist down the drain.
It has been rather warm today but the low clouds have kept it quite humid. There were a few butterflies around taking advantage of the late flowers.  
I'm not sure who this spider was waiting for. I hope it was the flies rather than the butterflies.
I also took down 4 of the hanging baskets around the front door and replaced them with wind chimes. I left the lowest 2 baskets because even though the surfinias are just about over, the lobelia still adds a bit of cheerfulness. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Ruta...your mirror is wonderful.