Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Cooler.

 Ta Dah !
The big mirror is complete. I can't claim that my craftsmanship is fantastic but my main aim was to use as many recycled materials as I could or in other words spend as little as possible. The central mirror door came from my mother's house, the 2 side mirrors were bought for a few pounds from the recycling centre and the only materials bought new  were 3 lengths of fencing rail and 2 tins of varnish. The rest of the wood came from the woodshed. Now that the swallows have left I can start getting rid of the textured artex on the side wall and then there is the difficult job of cleaning the rust off the old range before painting it.
 Just some of the rooks that have taken over a tree next door.
I spent the afternoon at work going from one Year 1 class to the other, helping with getting them changed for PE and listening to individual readers (as opposed to a guided reading session with up to 6 children at once). We had a staff meeting after school, putting in the dates of meetings right up to next September as well as all the key school Christmas events.
It started to rain on my way home. I didn't mind being held up by Mr Lewis' cows but immediately turned into a very grumpy old woman as I passed numerous vehicles parked on the verge and well-heeled hunt followers chatting in the road. I should be used to them by now but any form of cruelty disgusts me. (I don't buy farmed prawns from Thailand for the same reason.)

No comments: