Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Cloudy.

At last the front patio is done. I had just enough time after a bit of a lie-in to mix up a bucket of mortar (making mud pies grown-up style) and fill in the last of the gaps between the paving before I was off to school for a very messy afternoon with the reception children. 
There was the usual phonics session at the start of the afternoon and hearing readers at the end of the day but in between I got on with lots of paint mixing, painting and printing. First of all I honed in on a group of children who don't usually choose to paint. I gave them the little whiteboards we mainly use for  phonics and let them explore the results of mixing primary colours. Mixing was done with fingers and hands so it was a fun activity. I took some photos (we constantly write observations and take pictures) and their expressions were so full of enjoyment. Getting messy is fun! I placed paper on top of their mixed colours and the resulting prints will make up the 'mud' section of the Bear Hunt display. After that it was back to brushes for a new group of children to mix browns and paint trees for the 'forest'. Followed by potato printing for the leaves. The class teacher had asked if I could get the whole thing done in 1 1/2 days which was a bit of a rush but hopefully she will be happy with the result. 
It had been mainly overcast during the day though towards evening some gaps in the cloud cover appeared lighting up the sea and the moors to the north of us. 


1 comment:

happyone said...

She looks like she is really concentrating on what she'd doing. : )