Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 18 October 2014

Grey, Mild and Damp.

After the bliss of not being woken at 6.00 for an early start I spent what was left of the morning doing housework, hoovering all the bits I don't do on a daily basis etc. I then decided that I should spend the afternoon outside. The garden has been a bit neglected with all my re-pointing so today I did a thorough  weeding of the 2 veg plots. The next step is to split some of the hardy geraniums to create new plants.
The recent winds had brought down the last of the apples so I filled up one last container. The raspberries which seem to be both spring and autumn fruiting yielded a a small dish of fruit as well. 
Before I started on mt gardening I raked the drive smooth as a few hollows had started to develop. And I removed a slightly flattened rat that was lying in the drive. That's a bit of a mystery as it definitely was flatter than it should be but not flat enough to have been driven over. Perhaps one of the cats left it there after Peter had driven off to do a bit of PR work for the gig club.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Nice day of weeding but not very nice finding the rat!!

Ruta M. said...

At least it wasn't squished.