Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Grey.

There was no rain forecast for today so I thought I'd take advantage of the light breeze and hang the sheets outside to dry. I needn't have bothered, the damp air cancelled out the breeze and the sheets were just as damp when I took them back in later in the day. Here goes another winter of drying everything over the rayburn. 
During my morning browsing I found out a bit more about the bra display. The details are  here (or here) which does explain things but I still think if my initial reaction was one of distaste then that might be the same for a lot of other people. Perhaps hanging up pink ribbons might have been better.
Although damp it has been a dry and warmish day  so I was back mixing cement in a bucket. I got a good section done and the old mortar pulled out from the next bit. I'm having to replace almost all the mortar but I am getting better at it. Just don't look too closely at the finish.
This morning I had a go at roasting the pumpkin seeds that I had taken out of yesterday's pumpkins. I roasted them in olive oil and smoked paprika but the first time I took them out of the oven (the rayburn is oh so slow these days), they tasted a bit too oily. I put them back and now they are crispy and I can only really taste the salt that I sprinkled on them. Not sure if I would bother doing that again.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Thanks for the link about the bra display. I think pink ribbons would have been a better idea too.
What pretty pink delicate flowers.