Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 27 October 2014

Grey.

I drove in to town through heavy drizzle this morning which cleared up later on though we never saw any proper sun.
I had quite a few things to do so I parked at Lidls for the 2 hours free parking and walked over the bridge to the High Street. Coming up from the square I saw that Youings had scaffolding above the shop which was festooned with bright items. It was only as I got closer I saw that these were bras and the occasional g-string. I class myself as pretty liberal minded but I thought this was inappropriate. I even went in the shop and asked the girl behind the counter to tell her manager that I thought it was in bad taste. When I got home I rang the council to complain and was told it was in aid of a charity. Maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy.
I got nearly all the things I wanted in town including some brightly coloured wallet folders for work. I have tried to be organised and had separate folders (from the school supply) for each of the year groups that I work with. Unfortunately  I managed to leave 2 of them somewhere in one of the classes and as everyone is using the same yellow folders I have failed to locate my folders. Hopefully I'll be less likely to leave my bright pink, purple and green folders behind at the end of the day.
Crossing the bridge back to the car I joined several people watching this shag make several attempts to get this flat fish into its mouth. Then I went to Tesco's where I booked myself a flu jab. The person to do it had gone to lunch but would be back at 2.00. I did my shopping, packed it in the car and returned in time for my 2.15 slot. Unfortunately I had forgotten to reset my watch when the clocks went back yesterday so I was an hour early! I cancelled my jab and will try again next time I'm in town.
At home I spent the afternoon chopping bacon, onions and pumpkin. Tesco's had lots of pumpkins this year so I searched through the massive box with pumpkins in and found 2 large ones for £3. Pumpkin soup is now cooking in my biggest saucepan and more pumpkin is in the oven for me to turn into pumpkin puree which can also be frozen. I've still got one pumpkin to cook but I ran out of time and pans today.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love cooking with pumpkin too. One day last week I made pumpkin cornbread, pumpkin caramel cake, and pumpkin bread. Just can't get enough of it this time of the year! And good for you speaking up about the tacky undies hanging outside.
I always enjoy visiting your blog and learning about your part of the world!
Jeanne

Harriet said...

I, too, would have found the undies inappropriate--charity or not. Love the duck hope he got his stomach full.

happyone said...

I must be an old fuddy duddy too. : )
Great capture of the duck.