Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 25 October 2014

Gloomy.

It's been a mainly grey day with frequent showers. Peter went to work today as they were almost begging people to work overtime so I ended up spending most of the day working in the garden. I had on my old gardening coat and just worked through the light showers. Today's job was to hand cut all the long grass in the wildflower meadows. Thankfully that's a once a year job which has now been done. I weeded the bank of winter flowering heathers too and made a start on cutting the grass on the steps.
The ground in that corner of the garden is wet subsoil so trying to have a lawn or flower beds there would be almost impossible. The long grass provides a different habitat and although I didn't spot the orchid this year blue butterflies and darters took full advantage of the long grass. 

No comments: