Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 October 2014

Grey.

Looking through the window this morning after an extra hour in bed due to the clocks going back an hour, it looked as if we were in for another grey and miserable day. But when I ventured outside although it was grey it felt fairly  warm and the light levels were high. Needles to say I've spent most of today working in the garden. The final clump of the big crocosmia has been cut back and the corner steps up the side of the bank are no longer a hazard. Not only was I trimming the very long grass but I cleared any weeds in the flower beds either side of the path. I had worked my way halfway along the path across the bank when I got side tracked into digging up weeds from the path itself. I'm not fanatical about weeds in the grassed parts of the garden but last summer I did have what I thought was a thorough clear out of the greater plantain which mainly grew in the path. But they were back again, some of them large plants so those had to be dug up. Everywhere I look there is weeding to be done but then again how long will I have left before it gets too cold to be mixing up cement? I think I had better have a few more re-pointing sessions on the paving at the side of the house. And fit in some weeding too.
There are a lot of pink flowers out in the garden at the moment. The fuchsia flowers are hanging like tiny pale lanterns and the pink garden lilies go well with the blue foliage of a buddlia bush. There still a dozen pale pink roses over the porch and the miniature rose is still blooming too. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a beautiful pale pink rose.