Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 20 October 2014

Windy.

More stormy weather is heading our way with strong winds and rain during the day and worse to come tonight. I was back at school this morning as yet another teacher succumbed to the tummy bug that is going around both children and teachers. So my morning was spent with a Year 2 class who were off on another trip, walking across town to Barnstaple Museum. We  had plenty of helpers and the children had a treasure hunt style sheet with photos of details of some of the many and varied exhibits so my job was to make sure we got there and back safely. The museum had a well presented collection of items mainly relating to local history and wildlife including a life sized model of the front half of a 12ft high prehistoric elephant whose remains have been found in Barnstaple. There were lots of buttons to press and doors to open to satisfy the children's need to be 'doing' so I think the children enjoyed their visit. It began to rain as we left the museum for the half hour walk back to school but luckily the rain soon eased up. The wind was so strong that I thought some of the smaller children might be blown off their feet as we walked by the river and I got a good whack in the face by a nut or seed case blown down from the trees. At least that distracted the children from the somewhat strange sight of a dead cock pheasant lying on the pavement on the other side of the road.
In the afternoon I was back down in Reception where I worked with 2 groups of children exploring the sounds made by our motley collection of  instruments and then playing them while watching We're going on a Bear Hunt on the whiteboard.
After work I went across to Tesco's for some shopping and to fill up with petrol before heading for home feeling a bit tired as my cold caught up with me once more.
I did take some photos in the garden before the evening started but they weren't too exciting so I thought I'd post Vytas' current work/holiday trip in Mexico. First week was for a conference and he and Sally are being tourists for the second week. A lot more interesting than rainy Devon.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Wonderful photos of Mexico. Hope your cold doesn't last long and you are able to avoid the tummy bug.