Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 4 October 2014

Colder.

We had some heavy rain in the early hours of the morning and though bright it is a lot colder today. I'm really glad that I got the mowing done yesterday. The wind has brought down lots of leaves on the back lawn but the other lawns are looking good and hopefully I can ease off with the mowing soon. It has been a beautiful day for working outside but my back is quite sore so I was happy to abandon my work plans and go out for a walk instead. Going out on to the point Lundy was visible on the horizon and it was possible to see the main buildings: the church, lighthouses and Mill House, with the naked eye. Maybe we'll go back there one day.
It's the first time we have been out for a proper walk since my op at the beginning of the summer and it felt good to stride out across the wild beauty of Morte Point.  
There were quite a few people in the village but very few out walking on the cliffs. Peter wrapped up well but I was happy in shorts with a bodywarmer to keep off the breeze. The sea was fairly rough and there were no signs of any seals. We took coffee with us and we sat in our usual spot watching the waves crashing on to the rocks.  
The air was very clear and we could see the welsh coastline across the sea. Maybe one day we'll be sitting there looking back at the North Devon coastline. 
Back home I cooked up a big pan of stewed apples using the apples from our trees and put the ingredients for a fruit loaf into the breadmaker. I think my recent failures with the breadmaker have been due to using very old dried yeast so I bought some more and hopefully the fruit loaf will rise according to plan.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sure is a beautiful place to walk.
Turned cold here too. We even had a few snow flakes mixed in with the rain this afternoon.