Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 17 October 2014

Warm.

Outside a fierce storm is blowing. All day strong winds from the south had brought us some welcome warmth but the rain didn't begin until 5.00, just as forecast. 
I've been at school all day with the same class again. It is the most challenging class of the school, that's not just my opinion, so by the end of 2 full days with them I feel shattered. I went into town afterwards hoping for a therapeutic wander around a few shops but sorting out the paperwork and several conversations at school meant I didn't get there until some shops were nearly closing. I did get a new battery put in my watch, bought some underwear for Peter and put some credit on my phone. Only when I checked the amount of credit left did I see that I still had a lot of credit left and the you may only make emergency calls message I got the other day was due to being out of signal range. One good thing though, the man in the shop told me that if I didn't use my phone for 3 months the sim card would be cancelled and I would loose all my credit. I shall make sure I send a text to Peter on the first Saturday of each month to avoid that happening. My phone is there for emergencies as I am happy to do all my on-line activities on the nice big screen of my PC.
When I came home I had a quick walk around the house and caused a whole flock of pheasants to take off from the other side of the stream and fly into the woodland away from the scary human. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Lovely photo of your house...the blue is striking especially along with the changing leafs.