Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 13 October 2014

Grey.

Although it was dark when the alarm went off this morning I could hear the rain and the wind in the trees. The rain eased off later on to a fine drizzle but there has been nothing but greyness overhead. I've spent the whole day working with the reception children and we've had great fun mixing paint to make different shades of grey (dark cave), green (swishy grass) and blue (deep river) which will be used in a class display of "We're going on a Bear Hunt." I didn't think the children would be inspired by making subtle shades of white for the blizzard section so instead they collaged white cotton wool, fabric and tissue paper to great effect. 
After school I went and bought another bag of sand and then called in at the Co-Op. I just had to take a picture of this dog waiting patiently for his owner with his lead by his side. 
I stopped at Burridge to take a few scenic photos. On the automatic settings the camera compensated for the dark grey sky, (above), so I used the manual setting. That got me the right colour sky but unfortunately the focus was off. I was too keen to get home to check properly so those pictures have been deleted. 
Too wet to do any cementing tonight so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Oh, the dog waiting patiently...I am very fond of dogs. Love the photo of green hedge with red bush ... striking. I could just imagine your reception children creating shades of gray.

happyone said...

What a well behaved dog. : )