Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Windy.

It's been blowing a right gale today with sudden squalls and sunny spells. My poor acer trees which looked so spectacular yesterday have almost been denuded even though they are in a sheltered spot.
It didn't stay dry long enough for any outdoor work this morning so I pottered around and did a bit of mending. 
Driving in to work I had to wait a bit while a man tried to load the horse that lives in the field at Ashelford Corner, into a small trailer. When I pulled up the horse's front feet were on the ramp but no way was going to step up with his hind legs. Eventually the man led the horse back into the field and I went on my way. The horse was still in the field when I drove past this evening so I guess the man gave up in the end.
After more 'music' with my reception class I stayed on at school to put up some photos for the School Council display which is now my responsibility. Coming home I got caught in another squall and the wind was so fierce that going past a row of trees the clattering of twigs hitting the windscreen sounded like machine gun fire. And I have to admit to speeding right up to get past the very large Scots Pine at Burridge that was swaying alarmingly.


No comments: