Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 31 October 2014

Warm.

Romas, my youngest, is 25 today. We haven't seen him this year as he has been busy working at one job as well as building ramps and things for his indoor skatepark. I do see the occasional skateboarding video of him on Facebook and from the latest photos I see that his long hair and minimal beard have gone. I suppose no news is good news. 

It's been incredibly warm today. I had a day off from my various tasks and started the day by meeting up with friends for coffee at the local garden centre. 
For once it wasn't raining so I stopped on Whitefield Hill to take photos of the views. One of my friends came past in her car and stopped thinking I had broken down down but no I was just taking photos again. 
I took my usual scenic route along the winding back roads one of which had grass growing down the middle. 
I also stopped in the village of Prixford to take a photo of the thatched roof with the thatch horse on the ridge that I mentioned before.
Just before driving down in to Ashford there were views across the estuary and out to sea. 
As usual it was great to see my friends. Although originally we all worked in the same school now only 3 of us are there others having retired or moved to new schools so there is always lots to catch up on. After a couple of hours nattering and laughing we slowly made our way out past all the lovely but expensive Christmas displays. You could spend a fortune in that shop which sells lots of gift type things as well as plants and garden equipment. I spent the rest of the afternoon in town and got lots of things done. It was so warm that I even left my fleece in the car and was walking around in a t-shirt. I picked up 6 white dinner plates that I had ordered at Wilkos to go with the white sideplates, pasta bowls and soup bowls we already have. All bought at different places but they go together well. I called into Tesco's and finally was able to have my flu jab. Good value at £9 as I'm not in an at-risk group so can't get it free at the doctors. I've never had an adverse reaction to a flu jab but you never know so I just had to buy a cake in case I felt poorly in the evening! It's been a lovely day.

2 comments:

happyone said...

A very Happy Birthday to Romas.
Love the thatched roof and horse.
Nattering - that is a new word for me. : )

Ruta M. said...

Nattering- talk casually, especially on unimportant matters; chat.
I don't know if it's used 'up North' but definitely commonly used in London and down here in the South-west.