Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 24 October 2014

Wet.

I had a moment of sadness this morning when I opened our bedroom door where very often Elwen would be waiting to greet me with a trill and then stand in front of me until I picked her up and held her against my shoulder. But life goes on and I had to go in to work  The children started their half term holiday yesterday but us teachers had to come in for a day of discussing and working with the new curriculum while the teaching assistants got on with classroom jobs and a general tidy up. Lunch, in the form of tasty locally made sandwiches & crisps was provided for us which was a treat. There had been chocolate bars in the morning but I was 'good' and resisted those.
As I drove in to work there was a lot of water on the roads from the night's rainfall and the cloud level was very low. It is quite interesting to see the bottom of the clouds not far above the road. It seemed to rain on and off during the day though we were too busy in all our meetings to take much notice. Coming home I saw a small patch of blue sky above me and part of my journey was in sunshine.
I stopped at the turn-off from the main road to take a few photos. To the west was the patch of blue sky......... 
while to the east the clouds had come down low over Bratton Flemming. 
Looking due south the rain clouds had dropped down over the main road that I had just driven up. 
Then I drove up the hill to the Lewis' farm and looked back down the road. 
Then gingerly, because I was wearing crocs, I walked into a gateway to look south across the bay to Hartland. I hope the weather improves a bit during the half term holiday.


1 comment:

Harriet said...

Elwen had a good life, that's all we can give our pets. Your photos are lovely.