Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Grey Then Sunny.

I drove to work early under dismal grey skies and light rain but later in the day the weather front (which can be seen in the photo above) shifted eastwards enough to allow the sun to shine down on us and generally warm things up.
I've had 3 different classes today. Year 2 in the morning and Year 1 classes in the afternoon. I had just started my morning maths lesson when I looked up to see that the Headteacher was paying us a drop-in visit. Luckily with my distrust of technology I had already checked and found that the power point I was supposed to be using had been blocked due to a virus being detected and so had reworked the intro to the main topic. I kept my head and remembered all the things I should be doing and asking, getting the children to explain the different ways they had worked out the answers in the warm-up activity while keeping them on task etc. At the staff meeting the headteacher said she was happy with everything she had seen so I guess I did okay. Wednesday is swimming day for the Year 2 children so off we went to the pool again. One little girl wasn't swimming due to having a bad cough along with asthma and hayfever so she sat with me while I kept an eye on the weaker swimmers. Heaving that bag of sand the other day didn't do my back any good and I was finding it hard to straighten up after sitting for half an hour. My little companion asked me in the most concerned voice "Are you alright?" I assured her I would be fine in a minute but that was so sweet.
In the afternoon it was phonics and RE twice followed by a staff meeting looking at the new ICT curriculum. We shall be teaching our 5-7 year old children; algorithms,  programming & development, data and data representation, hardware & processing, communications & networks and information technology!!!! We need a few training sessions for all that.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Glad to hear you did well, though I have a feeling you are a VERY GOOD teacher. : )

Harriet said...

Oh my, Ruta, your classes coming sound like a lot of work for both you and your students. Charming little person to ask if you were okay especially since a cold, asthma and hay fever were present. I have little children next door neighbors; and, although I don't see them often, they always bring a smile to my face when we have a chat.