Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 12 October 2014

Colder.


It's been overcast all day and there is beginning to be a bit of a nip in the air. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be wearing shorts at home and even now I wear a fleece top with my shorts. Working outdoors I've returned to my old joggers and an ancient fleece top with flip-flops as an homage to warmer days. Being a fresh air fiend some of our windows are still open for most of the day, might as well enjoy it while I can. The colder evenings have got me digging out my fleece pj's though when it is really cold we'll burn some of that wood stacked out in the shed.
The front patio is nearly done. I could have finished today if I hadn't run out of cement, or sand to be exact. I'm only buying sand and cement a bag at a time as I need. There's no difference in cost and the builders' merchants is near the Co-Op so I don't have to make any extra journeys. Maybe this time I'll get the buying process correct as the yard man gave me a cheery ticking off last time because I got it wrong. Unlike Mole Valley Farmers where you pay first and then take a slip to the yard man you have to get the yard man to load the goods, he gives you a slip (and takes a note of your car number plate in case you plan to drive off) then you drive or walk round to the showroom and pay at the counter. 
As I worked outside the angry squirrel was chattering away and birds were singing as usual. I had been listening out for the sound of music drifting over the valley but not a sound. A week ago a neighbour had phoned in a flustered state saying there was going to be a village meeting regarding a music festival that was going to be held in a large barn at Okewill Cross. Apparently there had already been a music event of some sort there in the summer. I had heard the noise but just assumed someone was having a weekend party. We don't actually object to a festival/rave in such a isolated spot and the only signs we saw were some rather bedraggled hippy types putting up a notice on the main road on Friday. Coming home from Gemma's that night there were a few vehicles and some lonely souls in hi-viz jackets at the turnings along the country road presumably there to give directions. I hope they had a good time.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love that first picture. I can almost feel and hear the breeze blowing. Lovely photo.