Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 3 October 2014

Warm.

It is still very warm. Having the alarm go off at 6.00 isn't so bad when the room is 20C /68F. (I'm not looking forward to getting up on cold winter mornings.) I've been teaching a Year 2 class for the whole day though for the second half of the afternoon I swapped classes to teach a geography lesson to the other Year 2 class while my class had PE. I'm doing so much swapping around that I still get the children's names mixed up especially as the same names turn up in nearly every class. Popular are the names; Thomas, Henry, Charley, Charlotte, Milly, Katie, Alex, Ellie, Jaiden and Max which appear at least once or twice in every class but often with differing spellings. I teach 90 children regularly so no wonder I get confused especially as the guided reading groups and the phonics groups contain children from 4 different classes. 
The roads on the way home were (relatively) busy with tractors and trailers rushing to and from the fields getting the silage cut before the heavy rains arrive. I too was rushing home to get the grass cut. As I drove around the blind bend in the country road a tractor came zooming up from the opposite direction but I was going slowly enough to stop and squeeze on to the verge. Funnily enough I had just been thinking " Suppose a tractor appears from around that corner." Safely home I cut all the grass so now the lawns look nice and tidy. Mowing is a very good way to clear all the fallen leaves. 
Yesterday's drive took us through the old market town of Crediton .




3 comments:

happyone said...

Love the look of English towns. : )
The link didn't work for me.

Ruta M. said...

It was just the Wikipedia entry on Crediton.

Ruta M. said...

It didn't work for me either. I don't know if it is PC or Wiki that has caused the problem.