Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 2 October 2014

Sunny.

In the absence of an official designation Peter and I declared our 38th wedding anniversary, which is today, a recycled glass anniversary when we saw and bought these wine goblets. We had agreed that we wouldn't be buying each other a gift but it was nice to exchange cards.
Peter did buy me this beautiful orchid, chocolates and fruit so I have been very spoiled. How nice to have a breakfast of fresh figs and Lindor chocolates while I made Peter some bacon and mushrooms instead of his usual toast and marmite.
I had a morning appointment at the hospital in Exeter which Peter drove me to giving me the chance to take photos of the route. The 106 mile round trip for a 10 min chat with the consultant was so much better with some one to talk to. Nothing much came of my appointment, I had to report that currently my symptoms are actually worse than before the operation but it could be because all the bending that occurs in my daily life is keeping my back sore and so affects the trapped nerves. If there is no improvement in 6 months I'm to phone him and we'll go from there. I also gave the consultant a copy of the nice apology I got from the hospital after I complained about the mess up in the admin office. The letter says there was no reduction in staff which wasn't correct so I gave the consultant the letter to do with what he wanted.
 Some of the varied views driving along the old main road to Exeter.


When we got home  we went down to the beach with a picnic of smoked salmon sandwiches, a flask of coffee and some mini baklava. It was incredibly warm and it was hard to find a place to park. I ended up calling out to an older chap asking him to move his vehicle forward as he had parked with over half a car length empty front and back. Then he stood watching to make sure I didn't touch the back of his precious 4x4 as I reversed into the space. Barricane Beach was fairly empty with just a few older people and mums with babies and toddlers. Everyone one else was down on Woolacombe Beach or out surfing. The sea wasn't that cold either as I went for a paddle up to my knees.
When we got home I used the branch loppers to cut down 2 big stands of purple loosestrife while Peter prepared out evening meal of spare ribs, baby potatoes and beans,

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Happy Anniversary, lovely orchid. Lovely photos of your trip to Exeter. Hope your back gets better, at least less painful.

happyone said...

Congratulations to you and Peter on your anniversary. : ) Nice to be spoiled once in a while.
Sounds like the two of you had a lovely day.

The glasses are so pretty.