Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 11 January 2015

Cold.

Last night the wind was ferocious and I could hear hailstones rattling against the windows but this morning the wind had eased up a bit and it was dry. After getting to grips with my school planning for this week I wrapped up well, rubbed coconut oil onto my face against the wind and carried on with my weeding. I got the bank done but everywhere I look there are weeds growing. Maybe this year I'll get round the whole garden before spring finally arrives or before I get caught up in another project.
Having been driven inside by the rain I looked out of the window to see a deer in the woodland. I think that's a scar on its flank which would mean that it is the deer that had the nasty wound last year. It's all farmland around here so the only danger to deer is road traffic or possibly poachers. The stag hunting fraternity sticks to the open moorland out on Exmoor. (Yes it still goes on even though foxhunting was banned.)
It's not quite 5.00 but it's almost dark outside. Speedy is sleeping on my lap and just now I hear the call of a pheasant, a combination of the calls here, low and longer.
Having not done too well on my dress hunt in town I turned to eBay and found some last year's Monsoon and Per Una summer dresses which were more to my taste. Next I'll have to go to both shops and try on some of their dresses to check which sizes to be looking at. Even with standard dress sizes shops can vary. Then I can have fun hunting for something I like with the bonus of a reasonable price.

No comments: