Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 2 January 2015

Sunny.

We had a clear sunny morning noticeably colder than the last few days. I finally managed to get a photo of a daffodil that didn't have the bright yellow flower over-exposed. I had to negotiate the stream to get a better angle, not so easy when at least one welly has a split in the toe. I keep meaning to throw out the leaky boots but they are fine for general work around the place. I was grateful for the security of knowing that my toes were protected by steel toe caps when I set to with the axe to split some logs. It's been a while since I did any log splitting so I was amazed when 3 times in a row the axe hit exactly the same spot on a log. Most of my day has been spent at the PC. When I turned it on this morning I got a blue screen of death. Luckily Peter was able to trace that back to the motherboard not liking my school pen-drive that I had left plugged in. Peter is currently doing something major to my system (lots of new bits I think) and today I made sure that not only all my photo files were backed up on to my external hard drive but also any downloads and documents. At the same time I was busy cutting out pictures of healthy and unhealthy foods to use in school next week. The postman was rather surprised at my cries of joy when the junk mail included pictures that I could use. 
Down in the bog garden the recent frosts have made the formerly statuesque arum lily leaves look like wilted spinach.  

2 comments:

happyone said...

What a pretty daffodil. Is that blooming now!?

Ruta M. said...

4 of them have been in flower since before Christmas.