Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 22 January 2015

Warmer.

I found it a bit hard to wake up first thing this morning. It's partly my own fault as even though we go to bed around 10.00 I read or do Sudoku until midnight and still spend a couple of hours trying to get to sleep. I should put my head down earlier but it's so nice to read  and I know it will still take hours of listening to the radio (and Peter's snoring) before I get to sleep.
I was worried about getting to work this morning because on TV they kept saying there could be icy patches anywhere but when we went outside it had warmed up and the road was merely wet. I had a good morning in a Year 1 class, stayed on for an hour adding to our class RE books and then headed into town. I drove around the convoluted inner streets so that I could pull up outside one of the charity shops to unload a few bulkier items that I had in the car. Then I went over and parked by Lidl's and had an amble around town. I got a couple of library books and bought a few reduced Christmas items. I waved my Ugg boot at the repair man hoping that he could stitch it together again but apparently the leather is ripping rather than the stitching coming apart. I've had very good wear out of them wearing them to school all through 3 or 4 winters and now they are scuffed, worn down and falling to pieces. I bought them from eBay and that's where I'm now searching as I'm not too keen on paying £150 which is the price of a new pair. Having very wide feet I struggle to find comfortable footwear.
I drove home in some welcome sunshine before getting caught once more under grey clouds.
 

 The dress that arrived yesterday.
(It looks better on.)
The new necklace.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Your dress has lovely colors, your necklace is pretty. Best luck in finding new boots.