Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Cold.

It looks as if we might finally be in for some snow tonight. It is due to get very cold tonight and even if we don't have snow the wet road down our hill may well be covered in the dreaded black ice tomorrow. In between  hail showers this morning I split and brought in several loads of logs. I'm one of those people who likes to be prepared.
In the afternoon I was 'doing' teeth again in Reception. I showed the children a BBC clip about wobbly teeth which also looked at sharks' teeth. Behind the presenter was an aquarium in which  a large shark was swimming. As I looked at my class I noticed a lad watching with a horrified look on his face so I called across to him asking if he was okay. He nodded a yes and later when I spoke to him it turns out he really likes sharks so I guess he was simply savouring the terror. I left school fairly promptly going to the Co-Op first to get more milk and a few other items.
It was still light as I drove home but once I got to higher ground I was caught under a slushy snow shower. It was too cold and wet to get out of the car so I took some photos through the windows.
I drove right down to the house so that I could unload the shopping then changed into full waterproof clothing before driving the car back up the hill. It's in full ice-alert mode - cloth over the windscreen and a can of de-icer behind the front tyre. Probably a bit over the top as I'm not going to work until lunchtime tomorrow but I'd rather not be worrying about getting to work. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

We finally had a nice day with sunshine and a temperature a few degrees above freezing and I got to walk outside. : )