Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 10 January 2015

Windy.

It was still mild this morning but very windy. Peter had to go to work today so as it was Saturday I did give myself an extra hour's sleep once I had drunk my early morning cup of tea. The sun shone occasionally and after I had done the housework I wrapped up well to get some gardening done. 
I hadn't done any weeding for a long while so this afternoon I tackled the bank at the side of the drive. It was a little more sheltered there and doesn't involve quite so much bending. There's a bit more to do but while most of me was nice and warm the tips of my fingers, even inside my work gloves, started to lose all feeling and I've given up for the day.
All the recent rain has filled up the little pond, it's such a shame that the water level drops in dry weather. It's turning colder again this evening as a cold front works its way down from the north. Time to wrap up and then get a fire going.

No comments: