Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 26 January 2015

Dry.

It was dry and not too cold this morning. By the time I sat down for my breakfast at 9.00 I had put the bedding in the washing machine and hoovered the whole house as well as my usual jobs. That gave me time for another session of weeding the pond path. Only a 1/4 of the path to go. 
The warmer weather has fooled the frogs into thinking that Spring has arrived and not only are they croaking in the pond but the first frogspawn has been laid. We are due some colder weather this weekend (nothing like the major storms forecast for North America) and this frogspawn will probably get destroyed by the frost.
After school I went into town but it wasn't a terribly successful mission. I wanted some nappy pins to make badges for some kids at school but could only find ordinary safety pins. I have a feeling that I had to buy them on-line last time. Then I went into the shop that sells Ugg boots (and other expensive makes) to see if a size larger than the ones I have would be a better fit. Unfortunately they didn't do the larger women's sizes or any men's Ugg boots so that was no good. I'm still chasing boots on eBay but they seem quite popular and so far I've been outbid each time. For the moment my damaged boot is stuck together with superglue and I'm being very careful when I put it on or off.
Coming home the evening sky was washed with shades of pink, blue and lavender but my battery ran out and for once the spare was at home. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

You got a lot done early in the day.
We have had more snow on and off all day again.