Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 31 January 2015

Cold.

We've had rain, hail and snow today but so far nothing has settled. It's due to get worse this evening and then clear up tomorrow but just to be safe I drove the Rav up the hill. The wind was so fierce it was really hard to get the cover over the windscreen with the hail stones stinging against my face. For my walk down the hill I pulled my hoody's drawstring tight leaving a little hole for my nose and a view of the road directly in front of me. Peter has cooked potatoes, sauerkraut and Polish sausage together for a hearty warming supper. He gets the sausages from a new Polish food shop which has opened in town to cater for the recent influx of Polish workers. There is a small Polish food section in Tesco's but dry goods only. Peter likes to recreate the food his mother cooked when he was a child and I've asked him to look out for Povidel, a rich plum jam/butter which I remember my mother buying. (Our families are from Lithuania which is next to Poland).
Between showers I did some weeding up at the scree garden and while the snow came down I swept up all the leaves that had been blown into the covered area. 
The postman brought me a parcel today which was a pair of Ugg boots that I had bought on eBay. Unfortunately although I can get them on they are too small. According to the Ugg label they are the same size as my worn black boots but maybe the sizes have got a bit smaller over the years. They'll have to go back on to eBay which is a shame and I now know I need the next size up. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice having a husband who cooks too isn't it!!
Sorry your Ugg's didn't fit.