Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 24 January 2015

Dry.

We had a long sleep-in this morning catching up on all our missed sleep. Peter managed 13 hours only waking up 3 times with his various aches and pains. Feeling much refreshed my afternoon was spent working outside. I brought in several loads of wood for the fire some of which I split but mostly it was smaller logs. We've run short of kindling so I broke up some of the brushwood that is piled up at the corner of the garden and filled a dustbin and a large log tub with kindling ready to use. That was a bonus job because the garden will look tidier when the brushwood is cleared away. It was still light when I had done that so I strapped on my knee pads and weeded halfway around the little pond. Apart from fallen leaves and Beech mast weeds are beginning to grow again. The tiny (millimeters across) leaves show up well against the black gravel and when I pull them up inches of roots come up too. If it's dry again tomorrow I may be able to get the rest of the path done. 
A Blue Tit at the feeder over the stream.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Lovely photo of a Blue Tit....charming bird. What is it eating?

Ruta M. said...

Peanuts, also loved by the squirrels which is why the feeder hangs on some fishing line over the stream.

Harriet said...

Thank you, Ruta, I now can see peanuts.