Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 18 January 2015

Sunny.

It was bright and sunny this morning and not too cold. Yesterday evening in spite of a roaring fire in the woodburner I had to put the central heating on for a while to warm the rest of the house as the cold really affects Peter's arthritis.
It was too nice a day to stay indoors so after Peter and I had levered the spring back into place in the windscreen wiper I wrapped up for an afternoon of outside work. I had a try at cleaning the window above the stairs. Outside it is in an awkward position with the oil tank underneath it which makes it difficult to reach from either of the ladders leaning against the back wall. I improvised and used the kitchen floor mop to wash the window and then an old cloth wrapped around my garden hoe to dry it off. I haven't done a perfect job but the window looks a bit better (if you don't look in the corners). After that I tried out my new-strap on gel knee pads. They proved ideal for working in the scree garden protecting my knees as I crawled over the stones getting rid of fallen leaves, moss and the occasional weed.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The second picture makes me want to go for a walk down there.
Inventive way to get the window washed. That is a job I need to get done around my house.