Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Sunshine and Showers.

It was brighter and a little colder today. I don't go in for making New Year's resolutions but I'm going to try and keep to - A Little Bit Every Day. That can apply to any of the myriad tasks I set myself, be it getting back into an exercise routine, clearing out stuff we don't need or garden projects not to mention the general maintenance of the house and garden. Even if it is only a tiny bit at a time they will add up and eventually the jobs will get done. That said the Christmas tree is half undressed and if I end up with another night when I can't get to sleep I may come down and finish it off rather than sitting and looking at the PC.
At school I worked with the reception children on healthy eating once more. Most of them have a pretty good idea that fruit and vegetables are good for you and that sugary, fatty foods are not so good and should only be eaten as treats. The school's healthy snack policy with free fruit or vegetables every day does set them up with some good eating habits. Having had a decadent fortnight eating chocolates, cake and other 'unhealthy' foods I too am returning to eating salads and fruit. Every other other advert on TV seems to be for diet this and that as most of the population try and lose their Christmas weight. At least I was very restrained before Christmas and lost weight with the express purpose of not feeling guilty as I enjoyed the seasonal treats. Vytas and Sally gave me a box of Indian sweetmeats which I have put in the freezer so that I can have a few at a time.
Coming home tonight I could see a plume of smoke across a valley, probably from a pile of brush cuttings where somebody was tidying up their hedges.

Tonight |i got out of school quite quickly so the sun was just setting as I drove home. 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Good idea to do a little each day of the work we have to do.
Lovely sunset.

Harriet said...

Ruta, Lovely photos. Please explain what are Indian sweetmeats? Thank you.