Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Icy.

Yesterday evening I got caught out by the weather (sort off). The weather forecast had been ambiguous and as the road was dry when I came home I waited until Peter got home to make the decision about leaving the car up the hill. Unfortunately by the time Peter got home the road was already too icy for me to drive up and Peter had left his Rav up by the field. This morning Peter declared it still to icy to try driving my car up the hill so I walked up with him and he drove me into town. That left me with a long wait after school before he could pick me up but that wasn't a problem as I had to mark and write notes in 60 books from the morning classes. By the time I had done that and made a quick PowerPoint for tomorrow afternoon it was after 5.30 anyway. I'm not working until tomorrow afternoon but being doubly cautious I drove my car up the hill followed by Peter who then drove me back down in his Rav which can tackle icier conditions should it get really cold again tonight.
IT problems and a full on morning in Year 2 kept me on my toes all morning and then it was back down to the reception children for the afternoon. Unfortunately I didn't prepare everything properly at lunchtime. At the end of the afternoon the reading folder had been moved and I didn't spot the list of children I needed and read with some others instead. Not very professional and now I've messed up the teacher's guided reading groups for the week.
From yesterday.

No comments: