Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Warmer.

It has warmed up quite a bit and we're back to the usual greyish days. I walked up the hill in the morning to get the car and the sun managed to break through at times making the day feel spring-like.
This girl on her horse passed me as I was walking up so rather than drive right behind her I carried on walking.  
The top field is full of some sort of fodder beets so being the person I am my thoughts turned to a survivalist scenario. They wouldn't be that tasty but those beets would provide us with enough food for at least a year. The root part of most of them was around 2ft long and the leaves would provide a good source of iron.  
In the afternoon I was back at school teaching the Year 1 classes. That was followed by a staff meeting about literacy, sorry it's now called writing. I feel for the class teachers who have to stick even more work into the children's books; photographs, photocopies and all the bits of writing the children do during independent learning. This is to provide evidence to the Ofsted inspectors that the children are doing all the activities we plan for them. A teacher's word counts for nothing these days, there has to be evidence.
When I got home I had a nice surprise, 2 parcels waiting for me. One was the Per Una dress I had bought on eBay to wear to a wedding in June and the other was a lovely necklace. I was getting Peter's opinion of a selection of dresses I was watching on eBay and there was this ornate necklace which matched one of the dresses. That dress was a no, we both agreed it was too old but Peter offered to buy me the necklace as an early Valentine's Day present. 

No comments: