Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year.

Maybe because it's not been part of our family traditions or upbringing but I've always found it hard to get excited by the New Year celebrations. It is fun to join in with the local celebrations where lots of people dress up, attend a free concert in the square and watch the fireworks before either heading home or going on to the pubs and clubs but yesterday we just had a quiet evening in. But to everyone out there I hope that the New Year brings joy and good health.
This morning it was mild and grey. As I walked around the garden I could see a number of jobs that need doing but I'll leave them for the time being. There were a few primroses, celandines and winter flowering heathers out as well as a couple of daffodils that have been flowering since before Christmas. My main job today was planning the work I shall be doing with the reception classes over the next half term. I'll be covering 'keeping healthy' and will be teaching both classes each afternoon, a short whole class input session and then an activity with half the class. I'm not quite finished but when it's done that's my planning for the half term with them done. I'm not too sure what is happening with the Year 1 classes as there are 2 new teachers starting and they may want me to do something different to the RE that I was teaching last term.  
The rain has really set in now, I can hear it lashing against the windows while the logs blaze merrily in the woodburner.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I don't get excited about it being a new year either. It is just another day.