Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Much Colder.

 I woke up this morning to the sound of a storm raging wildly outside. Looking out of the window I could see trees swaying and sheets of rain being blown across the garden. So I turned to a bit more sorting out until the rain stopped and the sun almost shone. There was time before going to work to get outside for a while. A conifer has been shedding long needles all over the front yard, not only do they make the yard look messy but when they get inside I have to pick them off the floor by hand as they are too long for the hoover. Awkward things those needles, the soft broom just went over them and they got stuck in the bristles of the hard yard broom. The only way to clear them up was by going down on my knees and using a brush and pan. I got most of the yard done before it was time to go to work.
It was my afternoon for working with the Year 1 classes. One of the children with special needs had a melt-down in class and I ended up having to physically restrain him to stop him lashing out at other children. Very wearing for us all. After school the staff meeting was all about how to run our phonics lessons now that it has been decreed that streaming is out and all the class, regardless of their current reading level will be taught at the highest level. I made a quick trip to the Co-op afterwards. When I came out it had begun to rain, icy rain which turned to hailstones as I drove home. Luckily by the time I reached our valley the hail had melted but we have been promised more cold weather for the next few days. 

  The pond has even more frogspawn.
 Zoom in to the bottom of the photo for some froggy action.



1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds as if you've had some nasty weather. I don't mind snow but ice and hail I can do without. We finally had a sunny day today. : )