Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 30 January 2015

Cold.

There were more sunny spells today and fewer wintry showers but it's still feeling quite cold. After not getting out at all yesterday I wrapped up well determined to get some fresh air. My first job was to give the garden furniture that is up under the shelter another coat of teak oil. Then I sawed up an old deck chair, kindling for the fire and another item cleared away. After that I was back on my knees finishing off brushing the front yard, the bit I hadn't done and all the new needles that had blown down. Then I had time to weed a flower bed at the side of the house before icy rain sent me indoors. 
The early daffodils on the bank behind the house add a splash of colour to the  winter drabness.
A cock pheasant in my neighbour's yard.

1 comment:

happyone said...

More snow for us today.
We still have months to go before we see any green popping out of the ground.
Pretty picture of the stream.