Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 9 January 2015

Windy.

This morning I parked my car at school and walked into town for a few hours. I had a couple of big puzzles to give to a charity shop and then I went and part-exchanged an old phone for a Sony MP3 player. I didn't get on with my MP4 player which did a million different things with a difficult to use touch screen so at Christmas I tried out Vytas' MP3 player which did the things I wanted and was easy to use. The one I've got is secondhand but comes with a year's warranty  so now all I've got to do is load up some music and audio books. Speaking of technology, this afternoon I was shown how to plug my lap-top into a big audio system in the school hall. I was teaching a Year 2 class and had been asked to teach some country dancing. Any style, so I opted for a bit of line dancing, my version at least. Yesterday I had spent ages finding some tracks with lyrics suitable for children, all that love & cheating not being appropriate for 7 year olds. In the end I had Achey Breaky Heart and Funky Cowboy downloaded as MP3 files which I could play on my work lap-top. We had a great session in the hall with the children making up their own moves and teaching them to each other. It must have caught the children's imagination because at playtime a little group of boys carried on dancing in the playground.
It has been very windy today but not too cold. Driving in this morning it wasn't so much grey as white where the clouds were down so low. These photos were all taken at 4.00 on my way home. 
Once I got up into the hills I could see clouds being blown across the tops of the hedges by the strong winds and now the rain has started to fall.
Part of the reason for the visit to town this morning was to continue my search for a dress to wear to a wedding in June. So far I'm not having a lot of success.  A lot of the dresses I saw today were simply horrible or at least not anything I would wear. Many of this winter's party dresses are black and/or too sparkly for a wedding. Also this winter's colours seem to be maroon and brown even in Monsoon which usually has such pretty stuff. I did find one sleeveless dress with a v-neck in a turquoise on black pattern but it was a size too big and the bottom half was not good. I shall just have to keep on looking. 


1 comment:

happyone said...

I always love your photos.