Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 January 2016

A Little Sun.

There was a bit more in the way of sunshine this morning before the day settled back into wet and grey. I went out before breakfast to shovel up the gravel that had been washed down from the drive and use it to repair the rut that formed yesterday. Still 3 flooded places on the road to work.
After breakfast I put my fighting knives up on the wall above my pc. It was only a matter of fixing 2 screws into the wall but because the wall is concrete blocks beneath the plaster I had to use the extra heavy power drill.
Just before I left for school Peter arrived back home. He had slipped on some mud in the car park at work and wrenched his back. He duly reported his injury, not because he's after any compensation but his firm is American owned and has the meanest attitude towards its workers. As the morning went on his back got worse so he was sent home. He's talked to his doctor who is pretty sure it's a pulled muscle so he's home for at least a week. On the good side his new chair is providing perfect support for his sore back. 
When I got home from work there was a parcel waiting for me with this hobbit based clock inside, a Christmas present from Vytas and Sally. I think hobbits have the right idea about meal times.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Sorry to read about Peter's back. I hope the rest is all that is needed. Reading yesterday's post I smiled. I make a list each morning of jobs that need doing. I am very satisfied when I cross off a job. And, yes, I do carry over jobs from one day to the next.