Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 18 January 2016

Lots Done Today.

There was a fine drizzle this morning which cleared up in time for me to do a tiny bit of work in the garden. I sawed a big branch in two so that I could move it on to the concrete and I bagged up some stuff that couldn't be put in the compost heap. The rest of my morning was spent on work for school. I had to use my lap-top and save documents on a pen drive as Office still isn't sorted on my pc.
Most days, if I'm lucky I get a glimpse of the sea as I drive in to work. Today the view was so clear that not only could I make out the sand dunes at Saunton but I could see where there was sand and where there was vegetation. 
It was my usual hectic afternoon working with both Year 1 classes, phonics and RE then getting them into or out of PE shoes and moving around the place fairly quietly. Hometime is terribly rushed as they only have a few minutes to change their shoes, put on their jumpers and coats and collect their book-bags and drinks bottles. We are getting into a routine for this and this is the only afternoon that I don't collect my class on the carpet for our hometime song and a calm goodbye before sending them out to their parents. Instead I get them to line up at the side of the classroom once they are ready so that those children who take their time don't hold everybody up.
Last night I finished my first pair of Bofur's fingerless mittens knitted to the same pattern and with the same wool as in the film. Now that I have mastered knitting with 4 needles I shall be making a smaller pair for myself.
My final job of the day was to drive the rubbish and re-cycling up to the road for collection tomorrow. 

No comments: