Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 21 January 2016

Warmer.

Back to the greyness today. It's warmer which is good though it has been raining lightly for a lot of the day. I started my morning by sorting out the wires for the hub and telephone in the space under the stairs. I had taped them to the concrete floor as a guide to the carpet fitters but either my positioning was off or the fitters were a bit careless but they weren't emerging from under the carpet in quite the right place. I had to unstick the edges of the carpet to move the wires and even then the wire to the telephone stand wasn't long enough for the phone to fit on the wooden shelves that stand in there. It took me a while to work out but eventually I realised that if I drilled a biggish hole in the back of the shelves I could feed the wire through. Now the phone sits handily on one of the shelves. Later I mixed up some filler to repair the holes in the plasterboard on the underside of the stairs. The hammering of the stairs to fit the metal gripper strips had caused the plaster that had been put over the nail heads in the plasterboard to drop off, something that couldn't be helped.
Later in the afternoon I baked some chocolate chunk cookies for Peter to take to work tomorrow. Afterwards it dried up enough for me to spend some time digging over the ground in the hens' run. I was quite pleased to have reached the far corner and got that bit re-levelled making a start on the lower path and ornamental planting area around the higher vegetable plot. Not that I intend to do much veg growing. I may sow some seeds as well as propagating more garden plants but mainly I'll keep it clear by hoeing so that prospective buyers will be enthused by the idea of growing their own vegetables. 

No comments: