Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Chilly.

It certainly feels like winter now  or at least a Devon winter with a covering of ice on the car windscreen first thing. The morning itself was quite sunny but as I drove to work I could see banks of grey rain clouds over Barnstaple. The rain held off until after school but now I hear intermittent rain on the conservatory roof. As I drove home the clouds out to sea were momentarily lit up by lightning reminding me that thunderstorms had been mentioned on the morning weather forecast. Going down the drive there was another bright flash, this time over the Bristol Channel as the thunderstorm headed away from us so I didn't need to rush in and unplug the internet.
At last week's staff meeting somebody had come up with the bright idea that instead of inviting the parents of each year group in for a talk about reading and how they can help their children we should make videos to post on the school website. That way we wouldn't have to keep doing the same thing each year and the parents could access the tips at any time. Today instead of a staff meeting we split into pairs and went off with an i-pad and script to make a section of the video. As the closest I've been to an i-pad is prodding one on display in the supermarket (I'm happier with my nice big pc screen and I don't have random spare time that needs occupying with a hand held device.) I ended up having to be filmed trying to talk/follow the script without looking down. That's scruffy old me, little make-up and wild hair from being out on playground duty not to mention how horrible I think my voice sounds on tape. I bet that bit has to be done again.
 Must put some more fat balls in the bird feeder.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

The drops of rain are beautifully photographed. What is the charming blue bird? We are in winter mode in Michigan. It's very cold, snow is covering the ground and a very dull, gray day.

Ruta M. said...

It's a Blue Tit, a very small bird. There are 4 species of British Tit 4 of which regularly come to my bird feeder