Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 January 2016

Stormy.

It's been a quiet day at home for both of us. Peter is going to use his holiday days as extra days around weekends rather than book a block of time off so he's having a much needed rest day. Storm Gertrude has been howling outside the house all day but here in the south-west it's been a regular storm unlike the severe weather they've been having further north. I quite enjoy listening to the wind rather than have the radio or music on while I relax with an on-line puzzle.
Today I've been taking things out of the spare room getting it ready to paint tomorrow. It's amazing just how much stuff you can hide under a single bed. Another opportunity to throw out stuff. I wasn't too pleased to find that mice had nibbled away at a couple of throws I had crocheted. If I let the cats in the bedrooms then there wouldn't be mice around but then I'd be cleaning off cat hairs instead of mouse droppings. 
I don't know if it counts as being a hoarder or a sentimentalist but I can't throw out cards from the family. I've kept Mother's Day, birthday, Valentine's day, anniversary and Christmas cards as each one has been chosen or made with love. Today I sorted out the pile of cards and put them in poly pockets in a couple of ring binders. As I read the messages written in those cards I knew I was right to have kept them, at least for now.
  m

1 comment:

happyone said...

More snow here today.