Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 22 January 2016

Sunshine and Wind.

The sun made a welcome reappearance today. This morning the outdoor thermometer was reading 8C and it stayed there for the rest of the day.
As soon as I could I took myself outside for more grubbing about in the wet clay soil. I really enjoy being outside and I worked for as long as I thought sensible. The new veg plot will have a path down the middle so that I can use the whole length of the washing lines.
We had an official letter to -The Occupier, Dingles which could mean either us or our neighbours as both properties are called Dingles. When we opened it we found a TV licence final demand which wasn't us as we pay by direct debit. I took it next door but they don't have a TV or even watch TV on a computer. They get those letters because the authorities can't believe that there are people who don't watch TV.
Much as I would have liked to keep on gardening I got on with sorting stuff in one of the spare rooms. I dismantled the aluminium pole wardrobe as it has done its job. Instead I'm airing clothes I want to keep and storing them in big plastic lidded boxes.  My final job of the day was to put offcuts of the new carpet under my pc chair and the armchair Peter sits in to protect the new carpet.
The warm days have fooled the frogs into thinking spring is here. When I walked over to the little pond there was a flurry of legs as most of the frogs tried to hide. 

2 comments:

happyone said...

What a difference in our weather. We have about 2 feet of snow and it's still snowing as I wrote this.
Green grass and sun looks so nice. : )

Ruta M. said...

Hope you are safe and warm at home.